Carol Bean, Director of Certification
Steve Pozniak, Director of Federal Policy
http://healthit.hhs.gov/portal/server.pt has a listserv to inform us.
Both Carol and Steve said basically the same as yesterday. See my previous post.
Each ATCB must provide testing for onsite (at the ATCB's facility) and remote for both development and deployment sites. The deployment site is typically the Providers facility.
Adding functionality to your existing solution that has been certified does not require that you re-certify.
Questions & Answers
- What is an EHR Module?
- It's anything that meets at least 1 certification requirement. For example, a Problem List could be an EHR Module (thought it's unlikely). another example might be a List module (Problem, Medication, Treatment, etc) that too could be an EHR Module.
- If you have a hybrid then you'll have to test and certify the self-developed software.
- That depends upon the ATCB.
- A clear answer wasn't provided, in my view.
- You'll have to check with CMS - incentive payment question.
- Testing methods approved by ONC.
- Get your system certified.
- 14 applications were sent out - it would be great if all of them achieved accreditation.
- Let's say you get tested at Stage 1 (10 measures) and then we set Stage 2 (13 measures), you'll then need to re-certify.